I hope this email finds everyone healthy and safe at home. I wanted to send out an update from the school to all families so that everyone is aware of all of the hard work and hours our staff has been putting in over the last two weeks without your children (who we miss so dearly).
Alternative Learning Update:
- Begins on April 6th
- assignments will only be posted on Mondays and Thursdays by noon
- an average of 1 hour of work per day for each student (30 minutes for Kindies)
- Google Classroom is the platform that will be used
- login information should have been emailed to you from your child's teacher
- Please ensure you know your child's login and password
- if you need assistance, please email your child's teacher
- Kindergarten to grade 3 assignments will focus on Language Arts and Math
- Grades 4-6 will primarily focus on Language Arts and Math, with Social and Science woven in over time
Teacher support for students and parents (Office Hours):
- 9:00-12:00 Monday through Friday
- contact teachers via Google Classroom or email
While many students will be accessing their learning and assignments online, you do not necessarily need a dedicated computer to do the work. Any device with a browser can access Google Classroom (Smartphone, XBox, Playstation). You also aren't required to have one device per child and may want to consider spacing out the learning times between your children if they are sharing a device. For families without any access to the Internet, we will devise a plan to have physical materials ready for pickup on designated days at the school.
If you happen to have any library books or textbooks, there will be a drop off bin outside of our front entrance every day during regular school hours.
We have also started a page on our school website with resources for parents. There are technology, academic and mental health links. It will be updated regularly so check back often.
Most school staff are currently working from home. We will check our school voicemail daily and we are available via email through our contact page as well.
Keep checking our website for up to date information!
I'm wondering if there will be access to items from lost and found? We're missing a pair of brand new indoor runners.
Yes, please contact us and we will locate them for you.