Topic: Keeping them Safe while Helping them Grow: Supporting children’s emotional growth in challenging times
Date: April 21
Time: 7 - 8:30 pm
Location: Virtual via Microsoft Teams Live Event
Knowing when and how to support our children at school is never easy. The dangers presented by a pandemic only add to the challenge of balancing the need to protect our children, on the one hand, while continuing to support their emotional growth on the other. This workshop offers clear and helpful guidelines to help parents navigate these challenges while maintaining close, supportive relationships with their children.
The workshop asks whether we are doing our kids a disservice by removing obstacles and doing our best to eradicate all stress and anxiety from their lives?
During the evening, Dr. Russell will offer a fresh perspective on raising self-reliant, motivated children, ready to take on the world. This session will give parents the tools to:
• Understand parent-child dynamics
• Resist the pressure to over-parent
• Build trusting relationships with teachers and school administration so they can play an effective role in your child’s life
• Understand problems such as ADHD, anxiety, and substance abuse
• Embrace failing as learning, not parental incompetence
• Enact common-sense strategies for parents worn out from worrying about their kids and their future.